- 4 medium red onion
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 orange bell pepper
- 2 green bell pepper
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Soak approximately 8-12 wooden skewers in water for at least 15-30 minutes. The total number of skewers will vary depending on several factors, such as the size of each vegetable, the size of your vegetable pieces, etc.
- Prepare the vegetables for the skewers. For each red onion, first peel, then slice in half. Chop each half into thirds. Seed and chop each bell pepper into approximately 1-inch by 1-inch pieces. Finally, chop the zucchini into rounds.
- Skewer the vegetables by alternating between red onion, zucchini, and the different colored bell pepper. Brush skewers with a light layer of olive oil.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Once the grill is hot, add skewers and grill for approximately 5-8 minutes per side, or until vegetables are just softening and browning around the edges.
- Remove from heat and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, if desired.