Vegetables and Tofu Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienne-cut
- 3 large green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Red bell Pepper
- 1-2 cups Broccoli, cut into bite size
- 1-2 cups Kale, chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 (14-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup organic vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce, lower-sodium
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon julienne-cut ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or arrowroot, flour, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Green Onion
- Chili flakes
Sauce: Combine together all ingredients for sauce. Heat Versa Pot 16 Oz, on medium heat. Add the mixture in the pot and mix, keep whisking so the lumps from cornstarch (or flour, arrowroot, etc.) could disappear. Turn down the heat on low and cook until it starts to bubble and it gets thick. Set aside.
- Heat Xtrema 10” Wok over medium temperature for a minute or two. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan; swirl or brush to coat the wok.
- Add garlic, stir fry for 10-15 seconds. Lower the temperature to medium, then toss in carrots, cook for a minute or two, then add remaining ½ teaspoon of canola oil, diced pepper, green onion, broccoli, kale and mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 5 to 7 minutes, depending how crisp you want vegetables. Keep stirring frequently so that vegetables cook evenly.
- Add cubed tofu, lightly toss with vegetables. Drizzle the sauce over it and keep stir frying for another minute to coat.
- Add cooked egg noodles, or serve stir-fry over rice.
- Cut tofu lengthwise into 4 equal pieces; cut each piece crosswise into 1/2-inch squares. Place tofu on a few layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 10 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- You may add any vegetables that you have or like.
- You may drizzle more soy sauce, to taste.