- 1 large bunch (10-12 ounces) Swiss chard or any other cooking greens
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Walla Walla sweet or scallions
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- fine sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Trim the chard stems from the leaves. Chop the leaves and set them aside. Slice the stems.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chard stems and cook until they sizzle, stirring now and then for about 2 minutes. Add the onion and carrots and season with a pinch of salt. Cook until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir as needed so they cook without browning.
- Mound the greens on top and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the garlic. Stir and cook until the greens soften, about 2 minutes more. Taste for seasoning and adjust to suit your taste.