These Caramelized Apples are the perfect Fall treat to spoon on top of your oatmeal, ice cream, or pancakes. Cook in our 100% ceramic cookware and in not time you will have a simple and healthy topping that compliments all of your Fall favorites
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into even slices
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter (regular if desired) or coconut oil or water(for clean no oil sauté)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch (to thickening the sauce)
- ½ cup cold water or apple juice/cider
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice (optional for extra spice and flavor)
- In 10inch Versa skillet heat butter (or vegan butter) , oil or water over medium heat, add apple slices and sauté for 6-8 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl mix the cold water and cornstarch together and set aside.
- Now, to the cooking apples, add the maple syrup, cinnamon, all other spices, vanilla, and water mixture, stir thoroughly so that all the apples get coated with all ingredients. Continue cooking the apples until they come to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and soft.
- Let the apples cool before serving especially if serving with ice cream!
- Serve on top of oatmeal, non-dairy ice cream or regular, homemade waffles or pancakes. The options are truly endless with these baked apples.