Thanksgiving is a wonderful chance to spend quality time with family and friends over a spread of delicious food – but one dinner can haunt your waistline for months. There are many ways to have a healthy Thanksgiving dinner without sacrificing on taste.
Did you know the average American's Thanksgiving dinner, drinks and desserts adds up to 4,500 calories? That one meal is equal to 2.5 days of recommended calories for a 30-year-old woman.
A New England Journal of Medicine study into weight gain over the holidays tracked an average weight gain in American participants of .2% of their body weight over Thanksgiving, and .7% over the holidays.
The good news is it's not difficult to enjoy this food-centric holiday without impacting your health. In fact, it can be a great time to launch or step up a health goal. Why wait until January?
As a company committed to health and wellness, here is our ultimate guide to a healthy Thanksgiving dinner along with a few of the must-haves for a big family holiday meal from our lineup of non-toxic, eco-friendly, 100% ceramic cookware.
Healthy Thanksgiving Menu:
- This healthy Thanksgiving the whole family will love menu includes:
- Main dishes: Herb Roasted Turkey with Apple Cider Gravy, Pork Loin with Swiss Chard and Persimmons
- Side dishes: Fresh Green Beans with Cranberries and Walnuts, Hearty Cranberry Dinner Rolls, Nutty Chicken Sausage Dressing, Mashed Sweet Potato Crisp and Crispy Asparagus Straws
- Desserts: Lavender-Citrus Fruit Salad, Harvest Pear Quinoa Cake and Cranberry-Apple Crisp.
- Be sure to take advantage of our Thanksgiving and Black Friday sales to begin or grow your non-toxic cookware collection.
- If you're hitting the road and bringing a dish with you, be sure to check out advice on Traveling with Ceramic Cookware.
Healthy Thanksgiving Main Course Recipes:
- Turkey Safety and Cooking Tips
- Try Something New for Your Main Dish this Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Dinner Alternative Main Dishes
- How to Prepare the Perfect Turkey Dinner
Healthy Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes:
Healthy Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:
- Easy Skillet Apple Cobbler – Healthy Alternative to Traditional Thanksgiving Apple Pie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bars
- Cocoa Banana Ice Cream
- Gluten Free Apple and Plum Crisp